Wednesday, November 30, 2005

MollyPutsTheKettleOn

molly's constant nagging is driving me nuts. for the ease of my ears, i decided to put my hands down and start churning my first shoddy piece.

After much contemplation, i shall go with my heart and drop my dialect name on my identity card, sticking with just my christian name and my chinese characters. i called my cousin's wife for monetary details as im hopping to benefit from the fact that she works in a law firm. With much pleasure, i got my lawyer's fees waived and all i need to do is to email her my particulars and the rest is history. WooHooo...alright for molly's sake, you need a deed poll if you wanna change your name, its somewhat a declaration. i told my mum over the phone and she went mental on me.

*telephone conversation with mummy*

me: hello mummy, desmond's wife got my lawyer's fees waived. hehe
deranged mum: what lawyer's fees?
me: i told you that day that i wanna add my christian name in to my ic. Oh ya, im gonna drop my dialect name, leaving just my chinese characters. Cool huh.
deranged mum: what do you think you are doing! You wanna lose your identity is it! You better not! Can add but cannot take out.
me: whats wrong with it? Since the dialect name is of no use what.
deranged mum: what no use! Everyone has a dialect name in singapore! I really dont know what you are trying to do.
me: Having your dialect name imprinted doesnt mean EVERYONE will pronounce it correctly. it just doesnt make sense to me. The chinese strokes are the best justification to what our chinese names are. Either you know it or you dont. This beats having people to second guess.
deranged mum: i say NO.
me: its really difficult whenever i wanna discuss something with you. it just dont work yah. okay bye.

the line went dead.

See what i mean, its just a small issue and she makes a mountain out of it. MOTHERS are the most paranoid species around.

Oritey, thats my rant for the day. Gonna hit the sack.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

heya... chill it with the i/c. You don't need your ic to makes friends nor approval to make friends and eat anyway. How often do you need to show yr ic anyway? peace out. This blog is great! Keep it updated!

2:12 am  
Blogger Man said...

Yo! I seriously dun understand what's ur big prob here. I shouldn't have mentioned to u anything abt the i/c thingy that nite. Damn. Just live with it.. nothing wrong with that cute name of yours anyway.
And u finally started a blog! Woo hoo! Welcome to blogsphere! Thought you hated the idea of it? Now u can start it with Shamila and combine it or something eh?

5:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/lil_dommie/hernandohideaway.mp3" loop="infinite">